In the spring of 2010, the South Plainfield Public Library switched over to a new computer system, designed by
Innovative Interfaces, Inc., to manage our online catalog, checkout & renewal, patron records and related functions.
Using the Online Catalog: Searching
With the Encore easy search box, you can search for library materials in ways that are intuitive, relevant, and familiar to today's internet users. With a click of your mouse, you can limit your search results by format (book, audiobook, DVD & VHS), publish date, or language. You can also use the
Encore Advanced Search feature NEW!, explore related searches, refine your search by keyword 'tags', or view a list of popular choices linked to your search.You can even add your own keyword tags and ratings for library materials.
If you prefer, you can search the catalog using the
Classic Search or
Classic Advanced Search options. For more information about advanced searching, see
Search Tips UPDATED LINK!. In the Classic Catalog mode, you can also
save searches UPDATED LINK! for a favorite subject or author.
Both the Encore easy search box and the advanced search may be accessed directly from our
Using the Online Catalog: Your Account
- Go to the
Encore easy search page. (Login is also available from the Encore Advanced Search page, Classic Catolog Search page, Classic Catalog Advanced Search page, or from the upper left-hand corner of the
Library's home page).
- To access your account, click on Login (upper right-hand corner of the screen).
- You will be prompted for your login information.
Do NOT press the return key after each entry.
Enter all your login information, then click the LOGIN button at the bottom of the page. Type in:
- Your full name (e.g., 'Mary Smith').
- The full 14-DIGIT BARCODE number from your library card, beginning with 29377000 (e.g. '29377000000000').
- Your PIN (Your default PIN is the last four digits of the phone number you gave us when you registered for a library card; you can change the PIN after you login to your account).
- Click the LOGIN button.
- When you are logged in, click on 'My Account' (upper right-hand corner of the screen).
- From 'My Account', you can:
- See what items you have checked out and their due dates.
- See what items are overdue and what fines you owe.
- See what items you have on hold.
- Renew your library materials UPDATED LINK! quickly and easily.
- Receive alerts (e.g. 'Materials on hold shelf', 'Materials due tomorrow') and other messages from the library.
- Modify your PIN.
- Modify your phone numbers and email address. NOTE: You cannot update your home address online; you will need to do it in person at the library.
- Retrieve any
Preferred Searches UPDATED LINK! you have saved.
- View your Reading History. NOTE: You must click on the 'Opt In' button to enable this feature; if you do not opt in, your reading history will not be saved. You may opt out again at any time from the same page and your reading history will be deleted.
- View a list of materials you have rated in 'My Ratings'.
- View a list of materials you have saved to 'My Lists'.
- Click on 'Logout' to end your session.
IMPORTANT: When using a public or shared computer to renew materials, be sure to log out of your account before leaving the computer.
Browsers Supported by Innovative
Innovative supports the two (2) most recent publicly released, generally available desktop versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari browsers, across all current Innovative software and hosted services. These modern browsers enable us to provide the best possible performance, security and user experience in our products. When a new browser version is publicly released, Innovative will confirm support for that version within 90 days on a best-efforts basis. At that time, support for the third most recent version will be withdrawn.
Notes & Recommendations
- A minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768 is recommended for the best user experience.
- Other third-party browser plug-ins may interfere with the normal use of Innovative software and hosted services. In the event of difficulties, please try disabling any other plug-ins.
- The Kindle Fire browser does not function properly with multi-user web applications. To safeguard your Innovative products, Kindle Fire browsers are automatically blocked.
- The Windows 8 Start ('Metro') versions of Internet Explorer are not supported at this time.
Browser information is current as of February 11, 2015.