NOTE: Some library programs & services may be suspended or conducted online during the COVID-19 pandemic. Policies may be revised without notice as changing conditions require, to ensure that everyone stays safe and healthy. Please visit our
homepage for the current program schedule, hours, and information about
In-Person Access Policies and
Internet Access & Wifi
Public Internet access and e-mail are available in the Library. Please be sure to read our Computer Use Policy if you or your children will be using the library's computers to access the internet. The library staff cannot offer extensive computer instruction except at library-sponsored computer classes.
You may also bring in your own laptop to access the Internet using the library's WiFi connection. The library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment, or for laptop configurations security or data files resulting from connecting to the library network (sorry, the library staff cannot provide technical assistance).
MOBILE PRINTING is also available.
Public PCs at the library also offer word processing, spreadsheet, and other software, including Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel. Please be aware that the library staff cannot offer extensive computer instruction except at library-sponsored computer classes.
Printing is available at 10 cents per page; 50 cents per page for color prints.
Please be sure to read our Computer Use Policy if you or your children will be using the library's computers.
- Copier (10 cents per page; 50 cents for color copies).
Library Fax Number: (908) 753-3846
- The South Plainfield Public Library offers fax services to all our patrons. You may both send and receive faxes at the Library.
- A cover sheet is not required for fax transmission, but the Library will supply one if desired.
- The Library staff will fax the documents from the Library's fax machine. If staff is busy, every attempt will be made to transmit the fax as soon as possible.
- Payment for the fax is required after the successful transmission of the fax.
- If a return fax is expected, the patron should leave a telephone number where he/she can be contacted when the fax arrives.
- Disclaimer: The South Plainfield Public Library accepts no responsibility for messages misdirected or inappropriately handled at point of receipt.
For faxes sent within the contiguous United States:
- $2.00 for the first page (Cover sheet; required)
- $1.00 for each additional page
For faxes sent anywhere else in the world:
- $4.00 for the first page (Cover sheet; required)
- $1.00 for each additional page
For faxes received at the Library:
The South Plainfield Public Library offers notary services to our patrons for a small fee.
Before you bring documents to be notarized, please call us at (908) 754-7885 to be sure the notary is available.
- If you have more than one (1) item to be notarized, please call and make an appointment.
- Bring a current photo ID, such as a valid driver's license or passport, with you.
- Do not sign the document ahead of time; it should be signed in front of the notary. However, a document that you have previously signed can be notarized if you swear that you did sign it yourself.
- If more than one person must sign the document, they must ALL be present at the time of notarization.
- The South Plainfield Public Library notary follows all regulations of the State of New Jersey.
- Please bring your own witnesses.
- We can only notarize materials in English.
- There is $2.50 fee per document.
- A notary only verifies the signer's identity and that the signature was made willingly and freely.
- Notarization does NOT
- Prove a document to be true or accurate.
- Legalize or validate a document.
- Prove that a statement under oath is true.
- Public notaries are NOT legal professionals. Please do not ask legal questions or legal advice.