AUGUST 2021 UPDATE
All individuals are again required wear a face mask covering your mouth and nose at all times while in the building. If you do not have a mask the library will provide one for you. If you are unable to wear a face mask due to health concerns, please call the library at (908) 754-7885 ext. 3 to make alternative arrangements.
Indoor book drops are open.
Traffic flow signs have been removed.
Gloves are not required.
Newspapers are available.
Returned materials are no longer quarantined.
We have resumed some in-person programs, others continue to be held via Zoom.
Please check our front page for the current program schedule.
SCHEDULE CHANGE: The library is currently open to the public during the following hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Wednesdays: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday: 11:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- As of April 1, 2021, we are once again charging fines on overdue materials, fees for all printing & copying, faxing, and notary services, as well as other small fees that we were not collecting during the past year. You may pay with cash, or may use your credit card at our self checkout machine.
- As of May 24, 2021, we will allow patrons to reserve our quiet study rooms (up to 3 days in advance), and we have a limited number of tables out for use. Your library visit cannot exceed 2 hours.
- There is a limit of 25 people inside the building at one time, including employees. Patrons will be allowed into the building for the following services:
- Use of library computers: Patrons are limited to a single two-hour computer session per day. Computers will be assigned and staff will remotely log users on. Staff will only be able to provide remote assistance with computers - no personal instruction will be available. The library will provide users a pair of disposable gloves to be worn while using library computers. The library will also provide disinfecting wipes to be used to wipe down the area prior to use (please do not use wipes on our computer screens). A maximum of 6 computers can be in use at one time.
- Copy, fax & notary service: Notary services will be held by appointment only - no walk in service. The library will provide users a pair of disposable gloves to be worn while using the public copier. We request that patrons limit these activities to no more than 30 minutes. Copiers will be wiped down after each use.
- Patrons may come in to browse the collection and checkout materials. Only one person will be allowed in an aisle to browse at a time. There a limited number of tables out for public use.
- All individuals must wear a face mask which covers your mouth and nose at all times while in the building. If you do not have a mask the library will provide one for you. If you are unable to wear a face mask due to health concerns, please call the library at (908) 754-7885 ext. 3 to make alternative arrangements.
- All people inside the building are still expected to adhere to current 6' social distancing guidelines
- All masks and gloves should be disposed of in a trash receptacle.
- The public access catalog will be available for patrons to use, and must be wiped down after each use.
- All minors (under the age of 18) must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Minors must stay with their parent/guardian at all times while they are in the building.
- Patrons may reserve a quiet study room up to 3 days in advance.
- We have a limited number of tables out for use. Your library visit cannot exceed 2 hours.
- Only one person or one group (max of 4 people) will be allowed per table or study room.
- Restrooms will be locked and staff will permit only one person/family into a restroom at a time.
- The library will continue to offer contactless curbside services for the foreseeable future.