The South Plainfield Public Library offers notary services to our patrons for a small fee.
Before you bring documents to be notarized, please call us at (908) 754-7885 to be sure the notary is available.
- If you have more than one (1) item to be notarized, please call and make an appointment.
- Bring a current photo ID, such as a valid driver's license or passport, with you.
- Do NOT sign the document ahead of time; it MUST be signed in front of the notary.
- If more than one person must sign the document, they must ALL be present at the time of notarization.
- The South Plainfield Public Library notary follows all regulations of the State of New Jersey.
- Please bring your own witnesses.
- We can only notarize materials in English.
- There is $2.50 fee per document.
- A notary only verifies the signer's identity and that the signature was made willingly and freely.
- Notarization does NOT
- Prove a document to be true or accurate.
- Legalize or validate a document.
- Prove that a statement under oath is true.
- Public notaries are NOT legal professionals. Please do not ask legal questions or legal advice.