Download audiobooks to transfer to your PC/Mac or portable device, or burn to a CD! You can also listen to audiobooks in your browser. Choose from a great collection of bestsellers, mysteries, classics, biographies, history, books for kids & teens, and lots more!
eLibrary NJ offers MP3 Audiobooks which can be transferred to a
wide range of devices. The latest version of
Overdrive Media Console works with Windows & Mac PCs, iPhone/iPad/iPod, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, PlayBook, Kindle, and Nook!
PLEASE NOTE: Audiobooks in WMA format have been discontinued.
THE eLIBRARY NJ WEBSITE WAS RE-DESIGNED in 2017, AND USERS SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING CHANGES:
- To set or change your DEFAULT LENDING PERIOD, log in, then click on
MY ACCOUNT and select
SETTINGS. Next, choose a default lending option of 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days for each format (audiobook and ebook). You can also check or uncheck the option to 'Have your
holds automatically borrowed for you as they become available.' (This option is checked by default unless you change it.)
- From SETTINGS, you may also choose CONTENT PREFERENCES (Maturity levels) and DISPLAY OPTIONS (High Contrast or Dyslexic Font) for the website. Changing the setting for MATURITY LEVELS will allow you to exclude mature adult content or juvenile content while you browse and search the digital collection.
- If you click on BORROW directly from your search results page, the item will be checked out for the default lending period you chose in SETTINGS - no other options will be provided.
- To check out an item for a different lending period without changing your default settings, click on the TITLE or COVER IMAGE to go to the full page for that title. On that page, you can click on the downward arrow next to the 'BORROW' button and choose the desired lending period from the drop-down options.
- You can now SUSPEND HOLDS which you have placed on audiobooks or ebooks. This will allow you to make progress on a title's waiting list (for example, when you're in the middle of another title) without having the title become available for you to borrow.
- If an item can be renewed, the option to
REQUEST AGAIN will appear on your bookshelf within 3 days of the expiration date. If it cannot be renewed (i.e., if other borrowers are waiting to check it out), you will still be given the option to request again, and the item will be added to your holds.
- Many eLibrary NJ books may now be returned before the due date. To return a book early, log in to your account. You will see a list of items you currently have checked out in your Bookshelf. Click on 'Return Title' for any item you wish to return.
You may also be able to return the book from the Overdrive app.
CLICK OR TAP HERE to find out more about returning titles early.
IF YOU ARE USING WINDOWS 8 or WINDOWS 10:
- CLICK OR TAP HERE to download the Overdrive Media Console (OMC) App for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
- For more information, please see
How Overdrive Media Console Works in Windows 8,
How to install OverDrive Media Console for Windows 8, and
How OverDrive works on Windows 10.
- TROUBLESHOOTING - If you have trouble performing the Windows Media Player Security Upgrade in Windows 8, one of our helpful patrons offers the following solution: From Internet Explorer, go to Tools ==> Internet Options, select the Security tab, and uncheck the 'Enable Protected Mode' option. Then you can go to the
Windows Security Upgrade page (you may need to open the Windows Security Upgrade page in Internet Explorer to get it to work) and click 'Upgrade' to upgrade the drm license.
CLICK OR TAP HERE to download the latest version of Overdrive Media Console, which works with a variety of devices such as iPhone®, iPad®, Android (including NOOK & Kobo), Chromebook, Windows Phone, Windows 8 & 10, and Kindle Fire HD; download links are at the bottom of the page.
CLICK OR TAP HERE for a list of COMPATIBLE DEVICES.
LIBBY, THE NEW OVERDRIVE APP FOR READING EBOOKS AND LISTENING TO AUDIOBOOKS
Libby is available for:
- iOS 9+
- Android 4.4+
- Windows 10
(for desktops/tablets and
mobile), versions 1607 (Anniversary Update) and 1703 (Creator's Update)
CLICK OR TAP HERE to download LIBBY
CLICK OR TAP HERE for help with LIBBY
CLICK OR TAP HERE to find out 12 tips for getting the most out of Libby!
PLEASE NOTE: OneClick Digital audiobooks have been discontinued!