Download audiobooks to transfer to your PC/Mac or portable device, or burn to a CD! Choose from a great collection of bestsellers, mysteries, classics, biographies, history, and lots more!
eLibrary NJ offers MP3 Audiobooks which can be transferred to a
wide range of devices. The latest version of
Overdrive Media Console works with Windows & Mac PCs, iPhone/iPad/iPod,
Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, PlayBook, Kindle, and Nook!
PLEASE NOTE: Audiobooks in WMA format have been discontinued.
THE eLIBRARY NJ WEBSITE WAS RECENTLY RE-DESIGNED, AND USERS SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING CHANGES:
- You can now opt to set MATURITY LEVELS for the content you want to see. This will allow you to exclude mature adult content or juvenile content while you browse and search the digital collection.
- To set or change the DEFAULT LENDING PERIOD, log in to your account and click on 'SETTINGS'. Next, choose a default lending option of 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days for each format (audiobook and ebook). Then click on 'Done'.
- From 'SETTINGS', you may also choose Maturity levels, cover image display, and High Contrast or Dyslexic Font display for the website.
- To change the lending period for an individual title, you must change the default setting BEFORE you borrow the book. Beneath the 'BORROW' button it will tell you how long the book may be checked out for. Below that, you will see 'Change your lending period' in parentheses. To change the lending period, click on 'Change your lending period' BEFORE YOU CLICK ON 'BORROW'. Then choose a default lending option of 7 days, 14 days, or 21 days for the relevant format (audiobook or ebook) and click on 'Done'. IMPORTANT NOTE: Changing the lending period for any title will change your default setting! Be sure to change the default lending period back to your preferred setting after you have checked out the title.
- You can now SUSPEND HOLDS which you have placed on audiobooks or ebooks. This will allow you to make progress on a title's waiting list (for example, when you're in the middle of another title) without having the title become available for you to borrow.
- If an item can be renewed, the option to renew will appear on your bookshelf within 3 days of the expiration date.
- Some eLibrary NJ books may now be returned before the due date. To return a book early, log in to your account. You will see a list of items you currently have checked out in your Bookshelf. Click on 'Return Title' for any item you wish to return. You may also be able to return the book from the Overdrive app.
CLICK HERE to find out more about returning titles early.
IF YOU ARE USING WINDOWS 8 or WINDOWS 10:
- Click here to download the Overdrive Media Console (OMC) App for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 UPDATED LINK!, which works with MP3 files.
- For more information, please see
How Overdrive Media Console Works in Windows 8,
How to install OverDrive Media Console for Windows 8, and
How OverDrive works on Windows 10 NEW!.
- TROUBLESHOOTING - If you have trouble performing the Windows Media Security Upgrade in Windows 8, one of our helpful patrons offers the following solution: Go to Tools ==> Internet Options, select the Security tab, and uncheck the 'Enable Protected Mode' option. Then you can go to the
Windows Security Upgrade page (you may need to open the Windows Security Upgrade page in Internet Explorer to get it to work) and click 'Upgrade' to upgrade the drm license.
CLICK HERE to go directly to eLIBRARY NJ AUDIOBOOKS.
CLICK HERE to go to eLibrary NJ Advanced Search page.
Click here to download the latest version of Overdrive Media Console, which works with a variety of devices such as iPhone®, iPad®, Android (including NOOK & Kobo), Chromebook, Windows Phone, Windows 8 & 10, and Kindle Fire HD; download links are at the bottom of the page.
CLICK HERE for a list of COMPATIBLE DEVICES.
PLEASE NOTE: OneClick Digital audiobooks have been discontinued!