- Library materials may be renewed unless there is a hold on the item.
- If another patron has placed a hold on an item you have checked out, you cannot renew it.
- If the item is not overdue, you may choose to keep it until the due date.
- If the item is overdue, you may choose to keep it and pay the fine upon return.
- If you are renewing items that are already overdue, fines WILL be charged for the overdue time period.
- See CIRCULATION CHART for details on how many times you may renew different types of materials (books, DVDs, CDs, etc.).
- Renewal of materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan are limited by the lending library, not by South Plainfield Public Library. If you wish to renew any Interlibrary Loan materials, please call us at 908-754-7885 for assistance.
Use a computer in the library, or at your home or office, to renew your library materials:
- Log in to your account directly from our home page by clicking on
My Account or Library Catalog (upper-left corner of the page on desktop). You can always log in to your account directly from the
Library Catalog, by clicking on Log In (upper-right corner of the page on desktop).
- Enter the FULL 14-digit barcode number from your library card, and your PIN in the pop-up window (your default PIN is the last four digits of the phone number you gave us when you registered for a library card. You can change the PIN after you login to your account.).
- Click on the Checkouts tab in My Account. (On a mobile device, tap the Menu button and choose My Account.)
- Open the Library Checkouts section. Please be aware that certain items may not be renewable online; those that cannot be renewed are clearly marked with a note as to why that particular item is not renewable.
- Select the item or items you want to renew or use the Select All option to select all your current checkouts.
- Choose Renew.
- Click on the question mark in the upper-right corner for additional help using the online catalog and My Account functions.
- You can also renew your items on your smartphone or other portable device using the LMxPRESS mobile app.
IMPORTANT: When using a public or shared computer to renew materials, be sure to log out of your account before leaving the computer.
PLEASE NOTE: You can now reach Elvis at (908) 757-3280 or (732) 225-0932!
With Elvis, our automated telephone renewal and notification system, you can use your touch-tone phone to:
- Renew items, including renew by barcode, renew by Title list, or Renew All.
- Find out titles and due dates of items you currently have checked out.
- Get a list of currently overdue items.
- Find out what items you have on hold.
- Learn if you have any fines or other charges.
- Change your PIN.
Elvis can help any time, any day. (Sorry, Elvis cannot be used with a rotary-dial phone or beeper.) Before you call Elvis, you should have:
- The FULL barcode from your South Plainfield Library Card, and
- The barcodes of the items you want to renew (you will need to enter the last 4 digits of each barcode to renew items individually).
Listen carefully to the questions and follow the instructions Elvis provides.
Elvis may also call you to let you know when your reserve books are in or if you have overdue library materials.
If you have any problems using Elvis, please renew your library materials online, in person at the library, or by calling us at 908-754-7885 during our open hours.
'Elvis' is on the job around the clock!
If you prefer, you may renew your library materials in person at the library, or by calling us at 908-754-7885 during our normal open hours.