No person has the right to interfere with the ability of others to use and enjoy library resources, services and facilities.
The following behavior and acts are prohibited in the library:
- Any activity in violation of federal or state law.
- Carrying firearms or dangerous weapons of any type, except by law enforcement
- Being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Disturbing the peace, including but not limited to boisterous behavior, such as
running, throwing things, pushing, shoving, hitting, kicking, fighting or playing in
the library building.
- Obstructing entrances, exits, aisles and passageways, either inside or outside the
- Leaving the library with library materials without checking them out. Upon
reasonable suspicion patrons may be required to open bags or purses for
inspection by library staff.
- Destroying, damaging, defacing or misusing library material, equipment or
computers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Writing in, highlighting or annotating library materials.
- Cutting, tearing, or removing pages and parts of pages from library materials.
- Misusing, altering or tampering with computer hardware or software.
- Applying graffiti/misuse of food and beverage.
- Improper use of furniture.
- Misusing restrooms - using restrooms for bathing or shampooing, doing laundry, or changing clothes.
- Verbally or physically threatening or harassing other visitors, library staff or
volunteers, including stalking, staring, touching, or using profane or offensive
- Rollerblading, inline skating, bike riding or skate boarding on the entrance
walkway or sidewalks of the library.
- Leaving personal belongings unattended. The library is not responsible for
unattended personal items. Unattended personal items may be discarded.
- Failure to use earphones. Earphones must be used when listening to
audio/music on cellphones or computers. Cellphones are to be turned off or to
vibrate, and phone calls should be made outside the library building.
- Smoking, electronic cigarettes, or tobacco in any form.
- Soliciting, panhandling, or campaigning.
- Illegal parking of bicycles. Patrons must park bicycles in bicycle racks provided by
- Sleeping in or around the library facilities.
APPROVED BY THE LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES 6/14/2016