No person has the right to interfere with the ability of others to use and enjoy library resources, services and facilities.
The following behavior and acts are prohibited in the library:
- Any activity in violation of federal or state law.
- Carrying firearms or dangerous weapons of any type, except by law enforcement
- Being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Disturbing the peace, including but not limited to boisterous behavior, such as
running, throwing things, pushing, shoving, hitting, kicking, fighting or playing in
the library building.
- Obstructing entrances, exits, aisles and passageways, either inside or outside the
- Leaving the library with library materials without checking them out. Upon
reasonable suspicion patrons may be required to open bags or purses for
inspection by library staff.
- Destroying, damaging, defacing or misusing library material, equipment or
computers. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Writing in, highlighting or annotating library materials.
- Cutting, tearing, or removing pages and parts of pages from library materials.
- Misusing, altering or tampering with computer hardware or software.
- Applying graffiti/misuse of food and beverage.
- Improper use of furniture.
- Misusing restrooms - using restrooms for bathing or shampooing, doing laundry, or changing clothes.
- Verbally or physically threatening or harassing other visitors, library staff or
volunteers, including stalking, staring, touching, or using profane or offensive
- Rollerblading, inline skating, bike riding or skate boarding on the entrance
walkway or sidewalks of the library.
- Leaving personal belongings unattended. The library is not responsible for
unattended personal items. Unattended personal items may be discarded.
- Failure to use earphones. Earphones must be used when listening to
audio/music on cellphones or computers. Cellphones are to be turned off or to
vibrate, and phone calls should be made outside the library building.
- Smoking, electronic cigarettes, or tobacco in any form.
- Soliciting, panhandling, or campaigning.
- Illegal parking of bicycles. Patrons must park bicycles in bicycle racks provided by
- Sleeping in or around the library facilities.
APPROVED BY THE LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES 6/14/2016
Food and drink pose a potential risk to library collections, equipment, and furnishings. We therefore ask that you act responsibly when consuming food and drink in the library, and respectfully remove food if asked by staff and librarians.
Covered drinks and packaged snacks are permitted in the Library.
- No meals or messy, sticky, greasy, or aromatic foods are allowed (e.g. sandwiches, pasta, pizza, salads, soup).
- Please report spills to Library staff immediately.
- Covered beverages in non-spill containers are permitted.
- Food or drinks of any kind are NOT permitted at any computer terminals.
If there are any questions or concerns, please see a Library Staff Member.
APPROVED BY THE LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES 4/10/2017